Birthday Fun

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Today I have a few spreads to share with you all relating to my father's surprise 50th birthday party. His birthday was on the same day the world was expected to end, which would have made for a convienent "over the hill" party. However, my dad's the type of guy to embrace old age. He's really looking forward to that senior citizens discount. This guy is all hobbies - fishing, hunting, building all kinds of things for me, fixing cars - Retirement will be anything but boring and bland. He's teaching me contentment and joy. With an exciting life, a loving family, and a good head on his shoulders, how could a guy not celebrate 50?! It was that attitude that caused us to decorate in bright colors - the same colors featured in BoBunny's Surprise Collection. I grabbed most of the collection in anticipation of documenting this fun event. 

I used a Project Life Design A photo sheet for the smaller details of the party and included two traditional 12x12 layouts to highlight the bigger moments. I love using a combination of protectors to create custom albums that work for me. 

Unfortunately, Green Bay was hit with a massive snow storm the day of the party. I can't believe I even made it to work, where the party was to be held. We would have closed the shop, since most of town was closing anyway, but we had to stay open for the surprise to work! The whole thing made for an interesting afternoon of preparation and execution. I'm so grateful for the friends and family that braved the weather and came out to celebrate with us. 

I used a lot of cut outs and chipboard embellishments to decorate the two pages.

There was an emotional and sentimental moment that evening that I wanted to journal about and capture, but didn't want out for the everyday eye to behold. Therefore, I adhered a kraft pocket to the outside of one of the photo sleeves and included my journaling and an additional photo. 

And I can't leave out the two 12x12 layouts I created...

I felt so bad for my momma - The cake turned out to be nothing like what she ordered, but it was delicious and served its purpose! 

Combination of paper stickers and chipboard accents from BoBunny and felt and fabric embellishments from BasicGrey were used to add lots of different textures to the layout.

The cake was a 4x6 cutout from a patterned piece of paper from BoBunny. I added the sticker alphas, stitching, and doodles.

Lastly, we have the gift opening. He opened quite a few gifts that evening, but this was by far his favorite. A good friend gave him a baby pacifier. The series of pictures captured his reaction perfectly, and it screamed to be documented! 

The 'remember' die cut was created with the Silhouette Cameo, and a variety of sticker alphas were used to complete the title. 

Thanks for stopping by the blog today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs