More Glitter Cupcakes...

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I couldn't help but share a few more cards featuring Elizabeth Craft Designs glitter, double sided adhesive, and peel-off stickers. You can see my first post here.

All of the glitter on today's cards were colored with Copic markers. This first card, I only used one marker per color (flat coloring). I just love how bright and bold this technique is. Because the glitter and sticker were adhered to white cardstock, it was easy to pop it up off the card with foam risers.

For the next card, I chose to try to blend with the markers. 

I always use three markers per color to blend. However, the smaller areas such as the cherry and frosting seemed to blend flawlessly with only two markers. Blending on the glitter seemed far easier than blending on cardstock! I tried only two markers with the purples, but looking now, I wish I would have added a third color to create a better blend. With that said, I love the look. I want to eat that cherry!

Copic markers are perfect for coloring brads and rhinestones too. You can see in the picture below that I created custom embellishments by using the same marker!

View my recent tutorial for these glittered cupcakes on the Creations Galore blog by clicking this link. If you try this technique, I'd love to see your creation... Please leave a link in the comments!

CARD ONE SUPPLIES
Cardstock, Vellum: Paper Cut
Inks: Mister Huey's (Dewey), Copic Markers (Y11, BG15, V15, R24), StazOn (Jet Black)

CARD TWO SUPPLIES
Cardstock, Vellum: Paper Cut
Patterned Paper: American Crafts (My Girl Collection)
Inks: Mister Huey's (Dewey), Copic Markers (Y11, RV25, RV29, V12, V15, BG11, BG15), StazOn (Jet Black)
Embellishments: BoBunny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs