Retro Sketch #66 :: Metallic Butterfly

Friday, June 7, 2013

When creating cards, I love to head to Retro Sketches to check out their newest challenge. They never disappoint! Here's the current card sketch up on their blog:

And here's my take on it: 

I love this butterfly stamp from All Night Media that I picked up from my local scrapbook store. It was heat embossed on glossy paper. Next, I added teal Mica Gloss to the image with a waterbrush. The water thins out the ink to give a subtle color. I adhered the butterfly only at the center with Glossy Accents. My favorite part of this card is the sentiment. It's a Class A'Peel Sticker from Stampendous. It makes it quick and easy to create a faux embossed image!

Thanks for checking out the blog today. You have until Midnight tonight to join in the fun of this week's Retro Sketch. 

SUPPLIES
Cardstock: Paper Cut, American Crafts
Patterned Paper: BasicGrey (Humbug)
Inks: JudiKins (Teal Mica Gloss), VersaMark Watermark
Embossing Powder: Ranger (Black)
Stamp: All Night Media
Sentiment: Stampendous (International Thanks Black)
Tools: Tim Holtz (Distressing Tool), Waterbrush, Marvy (Circle Punch)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs