Practical Scrappers :: June Sketch

Friday, June 14, 2013

Thanks for joining me today. I'm posting with Practical Scrappers... And boy do we have a great sketch to share with you from our very own Liz! Take a look:


I'm so in love with this sketch... Especially all the circles. Here's my take:

This will serve as a title page for my trip to Chicago last June for the Renegade Craft Fair. Rather than place physical circles onto my page, I added them with spray ink. Recreate this look by uncapping the bottle, and use the straw or nozzle (what would be the right word here?!) to draw the circles onto the paper. Dip the straw back into the bottle to get more ink, and gently tap the straw above the paper to create the extra splatters.

I used a combination of printables, stickers, and die cuts to embellish the page. The sentiment below is actually a 3x4 journaling card cut out from Simple Stories. I couldn't resist adding it to the page in place of the four flags the sketch called for. 

I hope you've enjoyed my take on this month's sketch with Practical Scrappers. We'd love to see you tackle it too! Upload your project to our Facebook Page!

SUPPLIES
Patterned Paper: Simple Stories (Just A Typical Day), Studio Calico (HeyDay Pop, Ethereal, Playful)
Cardstock: A Muse Studio (Sugar)
Embellishments: Ormolu (Made Little Labels, Flappers), Two Peas (Milestones), Crate Paper (Pier Ephemera Pack), Simple Stories (Sn@p Alphas, Icons), Studio Calico May PL Kit (BasicGrey Transparencies)
Inks: Studio Calico Mister Huey's Spray Ink (Sherbert), Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Stamps: Studio Calico June PL Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs