No Stamp Card Making

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Good afternoon! One of my favorite products to pick up from any manufacturer are 12x12 cut out sheets. Whether they contain journaling cards, images, or sentiments, I pick them up! I don't mind fussy cutting; therefore, these cut out sheets become inexpensive embellishments! 


Today's card is made from just that! It's easy and fast with no stamp involved!

The 'live in the moment' piece was a 3x4 journaling card from Echo Park's Here & Now collection. I added that to the card with scraps of washi tape, patterned paper, and a random die cut. To add more blue to the card, I cut out the butterfly from Crate Paper's 12x12 Accent Cuts included in the On Trend Collection. To add dimension to the butterfly, I added glue to the center only and used my fingers to pop up the wings. He's ready to fly off the page!

And no project of mine is complete without a little spray ink and some sequins. I challenge you to look at journaling card and accent sheets just a little differently. Do you use them already? 


SUPPLIES
Cardstock: A Muse Studio (Sugar, Wasabi)
Patterned Paper: Echo Park (Flower Buds, 3x4 Journaling Cards), Crate Paper (Accent Cuts), Studio Calico (Ethereal)
Embellishments: A Muse Studio Sequins (Pearl, Gold), Crate Paper (Maggie Holmes Ephemera Pack)
Spray Ink: Studio Calico Mister Huey's (Sherbet) 
Tools: Close To My Heart (Edge Distresser)

1 comment:

  1. Cute card I'm all for not having to put my thinking cap on. I draw a blank when I make a card but this tip is awsome! I do have some of these sheets at home. Going to try and use your method. - thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs