Home

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Yesterday was p.j.m.'s birthday. I was practical and got him a set of Moleskine journals... but couldn't help but add a little sentimental gift too. He's currently attending the New York Film Academy and working hard following his dreams. After NYC he'll be off to California for awhile. Needless to say, it may be a bit before p.j.m. will indefinitely plant his feet in the dairy state. The project started out with just a 5 x7 frame and a map of Wisconsin, and turned into this: 


I drew the state of Wisconsin, colored it in with Copics, and stamped it with a Market Street background stamp and distress ink. I couldn't help but add the heart and star brad... what girl doesn't have an urge to add bling. The lyrics are from a John Legend song and seem rather fitting... 


"It may be long to get me there
It feels like I've been everywhere
But someday I'll be coming home
Round and round the world will spin
Oh, the circle never ends
So you know that I'll be coming home"


I hope it will be a perfect little reminder of what's back "home" - all us crazy cheeseheads rooting him on.


I may have also made him some cookies... I hear the way to the heart of any man is through food. I know they sure turned my heart light on... cookies were darn good!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs