Project Life Update: Week Six

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Good afternoon! I'm excited to share another spread from my 2014 Project Life album. If you have never heard of Project Life, here's a beautiful video from creator Becky Higgins. This year I am creating two 12x12 spreads each week. Since taking on this time format in January, I haven't created a traditional 12x12 layout. I'm going to admit, that I'm ok with that right now. I absolutely love the style and simplicity... And I'm up to date! 

The spread I'm sharing today is from week 6, which I have as February 5th to February 11th.

This spread includes: 9 cell phone pictures, 0 camera photos, 1 screenshot, and a business card. Half of the photos were printed at home using my HP printer on glossy paper, while the other half were printed at Walgreens. Sometimes a girl runs out of paper, ink, and time... 

What happened this week: Babysat the nephew, found a new TV addition, enjoyed a day off, taught new classes, explored the city, found a new book store, and went to dinner with the parents. 

February's Studio Calico Project Life Kit worked so well with my photos... This seems to happen only all the time! Can they read my mind?! All of the stamps and embellishments came from Studio Calico's kits as well. I've become obsessed with the vellum hearts and kraft die cuts. 

While digging through my stash, I found this adorable washi tape from Freckled Fawn. I love it so much, the tape made it into the photo as well as on it! The embellishments for this photo were made by with Studio Calico stamps, white cardstock, and my favorite inks. 

I work for an independent scrapbook store with my mom and her close friend... Just the three of us managing 10,000 square feet of retail space, an online store, classes, and more. The Archivers closing near us was a bittersweet experience. We hate to see yet another store in our industry shut its doors, but it has brought many exciting opportunities for our "little" shop. I added hidden journaling with personal thoughts, goals, and fears into a pocket this week, placing it behind a business card and kraft die cut. 

I had an empty pocket this week; therefore, I tried to decorate this striped 4x6 journaling card. I played around with the embellishments and never seemed to get it right. Just a little bit of journaling was added (from an event without pictures). It was shoved in the pocket and called done. I need to remind myself sometimes to not over-think the process of this project!

How are you doing on your own Project Life albums? 

 SUPPLIES :: Studio Calico Project Life & Scrapbook Kits / Becky Higgins Sunshine Core Kit / Paper Cut White Felt Cardstock

TOOLS :: Becky Higgins Design A Page Protectors, 0.3 Marker, Date Stamp / Tim Holtz Tiny Atacher / StazOn Jet Black Ink / A Muse Studio Pigment Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs