Project Life Update : Week 13

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The last month I've been all over the place sharing weeks out of order as I've completed them. Finally, I'm up to date, and life here on the blog is going to be easier and smoother. Get ready.

Today I'm sharing Week 13. For me, that documents March 26th through April 1st. The 26th was my 28th birthday, producing more photos and memorabilia than I could fit in a single spread. Therefore, Week 13 takes up two whole spreads with lots of photo flips throughout. 

This spread includes: 20 cell phone pictures, 10 camera pictures, 2 text screenshots, 2 web photos, 1 gift certificate, and 1 ticket stub. All pictures were printed at a local photo lab on glossy paper.

What happened this week: Hockey game (we won!), my cousin wore a sombrero, local tv news appearance, cake, new breakfast sandwich maker, multiple fancy dinners (because... um.. my birthday!), texts with a close friend, family time, Easter decorating, training and potluck, and the 50th anniversary of the Great Alaskan Earthquake. Wowza! Aaand that's why this week needed two spreads. 

I love including memorabilia, but I'm so so bad at remembering to hold onto it! When I got home from the hockey game this week, I immediately slipped it into my open album. Do you have a smart solution for including bits and pieces of the week? I'd love to hear... 

I didn't show off all the photo flaps in this spread, but there's several. Because they're on the front and back of this insert, I added paper clips to a few. This helped keep it all one page when the insert is flipped over in the album. I used white cardstock, folded in half, and slipped into the pocket to add additional photos and hidden journaling. 

Birthday festivities were spread out throughout the week... Rather than adding them in one spot, I mixed them in with other events from the week. It shows how full this week was, but also how blessed I truly am. 

My father, born in Alaska, lived through the Great Alaskan Earthquake, the largest in North American history. This week marked the 50th anniversary, and he had the most beautiful Facebook status. So I stole it. I've grown up hearing stories and standing in awe of their pictures... This is first hand account needs to be documented and shared. After resizing the photo below, the writing became blurry...here's the impactful sentiment:

"50 years ago today my family and I went through the Great Alaskan Earthquake, registered 9.2 and went on of over 4 minutes. Strong enough to turn frozen ground into liquid  form, rolling in 3 foot high waves. Main street dropped 20 feet, and part of Anchorage slid toward the ocean. Rivers changed courses, mountains were pushed up, islands sank into the ocean, tidal waves drug glacier ice from Glacier Bay inland and scoured the land. The course of the land was changed in minutes, NOT millions of years. God is not limited to the time or physical limits we are. 4 minutes to change the course of the land... 4 minutes."

The stamp in the Bluegrass Farm Project Life Kit was the perfect addition to family photos. I'm almost out of the heart puffy stickers, and I'll whimper once I do. One of my favorite embellishments from past kits. 

That's another week documented! Thanks for checking out my progress. 

SUPPLIES :: Studio Calico Project Life Kits, Printable Labels, 4x6 Paper Pad, Gold Stars, White Tags / Becky Higgins Jade Core Kit, Holidays Mini Kit / Office Max White Labels / Tim Holtz Industrious Stickers Borders / American Crafts POW! Glitter Thickers

TOOLS :: Becky Higgins Design A Page Protectors, White Leather Album, 0.1 & 0.5 Marker, Date Stamp / Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher / StazOn Jet Black Ink 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs