Celebrating Mom

Wednesday, April 25, 2012


My mother has always been an instigator of my curiosity and artistic passions. From painting and beyond... I remember a time she took me to pick out fabric to turn into a handbag. I begged and pleaded for weeks after the trip to start sewing and learn more. I wanted to add buttons, make handles, and learn different stitches. Then it was pillows and clothes... I needed to do and know more. 

When I came across the Sew die from QuicKutz, I couldn't help but think of all those moments. Being the modest lady that my mother is, she wouldn't admit to playing a large role in such. But I created this card and honor her anyway. 


And you just can't share a memory without sharing a photo, right?!


That was taken long before we busted out the sewing machine, but I just love it! 


CARD SUPPLIES
Cardstock: Paper Cut
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket-Anna, We R Memory Keepers-Phraseology
Stamp: Northwoods Stamps
Inks: Adirondack-Espresso, Colorbox-Black
QuicKutz 4x4 Die-Sew
Marvy Scalloped Circle Punch

1 comment:

  1. Love the card! I'm really close with my mom, too. And she is the same craft enabler as your mom :)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs