Wandering...

Friday, August 3, 2012


"Not all those who wander are lost." J. R. R. Tolkien

Every time I visit New York, I always enjoy stepping out of the subway and wandering a bit. A new restaurant, a cute shop... I've found some great places by just walking. The wonders of wandering are not limited to New York City... or just a big city. Let me take a moment to encourage you to get out and explore your surroundings, whether new or familiar. 


I created this page using a sketch from Unscripted Sketches as a title page for a scrapbook that will hold pictures, reciepts, and various ephemera from my wanderings around the city over the last few years. 


The papers I used in this LO were from a variety of paper packs and collections I've purchased in the last few years... just like the contents of the album. 


I love ripping paper. It creates a wonderful texture that's far easier and faster than hauling out my embossing folders and die cutting machine.


Here's a better look at the photos preserved on the page. I took them while wandering around Fifth Avenue back in February... just click on the photo for a larger view.


Care to see the sketch that inspired me? I'd love to see what you come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs