Drill #13 :: Trendy Triangles

Saturday, August 3, 2013

It's time for a new S.W.A.T challenge using one of the hottest trends in the paper crafting world. For Drill #13 we challenge you to use these trendy triangles on your projects! Make sure to link up your creation on the S.W.A.T blog, as one lucky participant will win a $20 gift card to 3 Scrappy Boys!

For my creation, I used large triangles to create movement and define my focal point.

My white background sure is blending in with the blog background, I apologize. To create the triangles, I cut 3.5 x 3.5 inch squares and cut them in half, layering each half on opposite sides of the background paper. I originally intended to have the triangles all pointing the same direction to put emphasis on the step-by-step process of the photos. However, I loved how the photos became an extreme focal point when the arrows were pointed toward the center. 

These photos were from a recent weekend at our family cabin. My brother had sat down on his 3-wheeler with his son, Hunter. Hunter loves behind held like a football (as shown in the second picture) and always needs to be moving. With just a single, short lap around the cabin on the 3-wheeler, the little guy was out cold. His first ride with his daddy just needed to be documented. 

I chose to keep the layout simple - just a bit of patterned paper, sticker letters, and handwritten journaling.

I can't wait to see what you create with this trend! Thanks for stopping by. 

LAYOUT SUPPLIES 
Cardstock: American Crafts
Patterned Paper: BasicGrey (Fact 12x12 Paper Pad), Studio Calico (Roll Call)
Inks: A Muse Studio Splash (Winter Sky)
Tools: Close To My Heart (Distressing Tool)
Embellishments: BasicGrey (Sticker Letters-Studio Calico July PL Kit)

1 comment:

  1. A girl after my own heart, a layout full of white space! I love the look of the journaling too!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs