Practical Scrappers August Card Sketch :: Plus Watercolor Tutorial

Friday, August 2, 2013

Good morning! Practical Scrappers is welcoming August with a brand new card sketch. We'd love for you join us... Post your own creation on our Facebook page. I can't wait to see what you create!


Here's the card I created:

I created a faux polaroid frame by cutting a square of light green paper smaller than a black rectangle. The flower image was stamped with black embossing powder, while gold was used for the sentiment. The first part of the sentiment took the place of three pieces of bling... I loved that it was smaller than the hello! 

The green and purple papers used for the square and banner came from the Chalkboard collection by We R Memory Keepers and had an ombre watercolor look to them. To incorporate that theme to other elements of the card, I used this amazing video tutorial from Kristina Werner.


I used Tattered Rose, Dusty Concord, and Old Paper Distress Inks for the background. It was extremely easy and FAST! I created a few additional backgrounds (it was just too fun), but no two were the same! You just have to watch the video above and give it a try for yourself!

I used a few of the droplets of ink left on my craft mat, along with a paint brush, to add a small amount of color to the embossed flowers. It has a subtle color that really highlights the image. 

Thanks for stopping by... And don't forget to check out what my fellow Design Team members created with this month's sketch on the Practical Scrappers Blog!

CARD SUPPLIES 
Cardstock: Paper Cut (Watercolor, Black)
Patterned Paper: We R Memory Keepers (Chalkboard Collection)
Stamps: Penny Black (Flowers Sweet, Friendship)
Inks: VersaMark Watermark, Distress Inks (Dusty Concord, Tattered Rose, Old Paper)
Embossing Powders: Ranger (Gold, Fine Detail Black)

3 comments:

  1. fantastic! love that embossed flower...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the background and the polaraid frame!xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love your purple ink background! Looks amazing, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs