Project Life with Practical Scrappers

Friday, August 9, 2013

It's time for another Project Life Feature with the girls at Practical Scrappers. A few of my fellow Design Team members and I have shared recent spreads on the Practical Scrappers blog, and we'd love for you to check them out! We're hoping you find lots of inspiration for your upcoming or first Project Life page!

This is a 2 page spread that documents part of May. I chose paper and embellishments that would create a orange, teal, and kraft color scheme. Aaaand... If you look closely, you'll see I have one of the cards upside down. I quickly fixed it after writing up this post. 

I used Becky Higgins Midnight Core Kit and Jade Core Kit, along with Studio Calico's Valley High Project Life Kit (With the exception of that upside down May card which was a part of the Planetarium kit). Design D and Design A Pocket Pages were used - I challenge you to use a variety of different page designs to come up with an album as unique as you are! All the photos were taken with my cellphone, and I included 3 screenshots. 

Because there are so many of each style of journaling card in the Project Life Core Kits, I love to cut up the cards to create embellishments or use them as photo mats. In the picture above, I cut out the 'snapshot' banner from one card and adhered it to another, layering it on top of the picture. 

I tried to keep a few of the journaling cards simple. I have a habit of embellishing EVERY card, and I'm trying to break it. Especially for Project Life - It's far easier to keep up to date when the process is simplified. For the above card, I attached a screenshot of a book I'm reading on my phone with the phrase that really hit me highlighted. I added a strip of cork washi tape and stamped this gorgeous sentiment by Blinks of Life (both the tape and stamp were included in the Studio Calico Kit).

I have a love affair with BasicGrey transparencies and the Tim Holtz tiny attacher. You can especially see that in this double spread. The style is throughout. (side note: That's a peanut butter bacon burger in the picture below. wowza. Yum. I love me some Titletown Brewery)

I added more cork washi behind the negative space in the hello die cut above. It's part of a freebie cut file by Chic Tags and can be found here. I used another cut below by Two Peas In A Bucket. It was part of their Milestones collection which is no longer available. Two Peas offers new cut files and printables every month along with great freebies. You must check it out!

I want to leave you with this awkward picture of myself and one last tip! I love the BasicGrey flags, but they're not always practical. If you slowly twist the wood stick in a circular motion, it will pop right out! Now you have a cute die cut flag without the added bulk. On the card below, I removed the stick from the lovely flag and adhered it with the Tiny Attacher. 

Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend, and don't forget to head over to Practical Scrappers to see more Project Life ideas!

SUPPLIES :: Project Life by Becky Higgins (Midnight Core Kit, Jade Core Kit), Studio Calico (Valley High Project Life Kit), BasicGrey (Hipster Transparencies, Hey You Flags, Hello Die Cuts), Simple Stories SN@P! Typeset Letters, Ormolu Made Flappers

TOOLS :: Project Life by Becky Higgins Design D and Design A Page Protectors, Tim Holtz Tiny Attatcher, Silhouette Cameo, Chic Tags Arrow Cut File, Two Peas Milestones Cut File, American Crafts (Basic Black Gel Pen, Dear Lizzy Neapolitan Roller Date Stamp), Fiskars Scrapbooking Rotary Paper Trimmer, MyStik Permanent Adhesive, StazOn Jet Black ink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs