Voice of the Heart - Dimensional Butterflies

Wednesday, May 9, 2012


Hello friends. Today I'm sharing a card I created using this week's sketch from Unscripted Sketches as inspiration. I changed up the sketch a bit, but stuck with the quote suggestion. And I just couldn't resist the dimensional butterflies. It makes this larger stamp come to life!


The sentiment got a little lost on the card, so I added black pigment ink around the edges and some stitched ribbon.



To recreate the dimensional flowers yourself, gather any butterfly stamp and tacky glue. For this specific card I used the Brown Eyed Susan stamp from Northwoods; however, I've used this technique on multiple other butterfly images. 


Stamp and color the image as you wish. Then stamp the image again, coloring only the butterflies. Cut out the butterflies and fold in half with the colored side inward. Add a little glue to the fold and adhere to the first stamped image. I love using Glossy Accents from Inkssentials. It appears as an epoxy sticker when applied over a sticker, paper, or stamped image and allowed to dry. However, it also is a fast drying, clear, incredibly durable adhesive. It's my go-to-glue for buttons, twine, and metal embellishments. 

Head on over to Unscripted Sketches to view this week's sketch, see what the rest of the Design Team whipped up, and enter a card yourself! I'd love to see what you create.

CARD SUPPLIES
Cardstock: Copic X-Press It Blending Card, Paper Cut
Stamps: Northwoods, Penny Black
Inks: Copic Markers, Memento Dye (Tuxedo Black), ColorBox Pigment (Black)
Ribbon: MayArts 

COPIC LIST
Flowers: Y06, Y08, Y26
Centers: E17, E18
Leaves: G21, YG63, YG67
Blues: B93, B02, B05
Purples: V12, V15, V17
Oranges: YR02, YR04, YR07

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs