Project Life :: January Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Good morning! You may remember a post where I used Project Life page protectors along with traditional 12x12 protectors to create a travel album. I loved working with the protectors so much that I've continued to use them to scrapbook older photos as well as the current year. I've been keeping up on the actual scrapbook; however, I haven't taken many photos or shared them here on the blog. Therefore, you can expect quite a few spreads per post until I catch up on sharing! I find it rather exciting!

If you're new to the idea of Project Life, I highly recommend you check out Becky Higgins' site. She's the creator of the Project Life brand and has a great video on the home page of her site explaining this form of documentation that has taken over the paper crafting industry.

For this album, I jumped right into the content sans title page. I guess you could say I created a title card instead! The 3x4 card was cut from patterned paper. I then added a piece of scrap cardstock, some journaling, and glitter Thickers. I used the smaller Design G protector.

I've chosen to include traditional 12x12 pages throughout the album; therefore, I'm not creating a 2 page spread for each week. As I collect photos, memorabilia, and memories, I have been adding it to the pages. Here's a look at the rest of the Project Life pages from January.

My mother brought over a vintage typewriter for me to try out. I used it a bit on the layout above. I found that some of my cards were too thick for this particular typewriter and went right back to writing my journaling by hand. I still need to sit down and play around with this new tool. I love the look it created, especially on the 3x4 month card from Studio Calico.

More Studio Calico cards were used in this page too! Before subscribing to their PL kit club, I picked up a grab bag of various cards. I love their style and the weight of the cards. This layout mostly focused on a few birthdays of dear friends. Food, crazy games, and some good lookin' ladies.

I've been adding chipboard elements, brads, and enamel dots to the outside of the page protectors. I've noticed the pages lay a little flatter than when I adhere the bling to the pictures.

This spread has a lot more jam-packed into the page-Breakfast at one of my favorite coffee spots, our annual craft rummage sale, a big snow storm, and the beginning plans of my sister-in-law's baby shower. I would have never created a full 12x12 page around that tile on the floor. But it was actually a special moment that I'm thankful this style of documentation allows me to record.

Thanks for checking out my 2013 album. Have you given Project Life a try?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs