One Stitch At A Time

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

While attending the Intermediate Copic Training earlier this year, I was pushed to do new things with my illustrations. One of them was adding texture. I went crazy adding texture with markers on trees, hair, and on this spool of thread. 


I first colored the entire image with R14 and R24. My R29 is a Copic Original and has a hard fine tip, perfect for adding the lines of thread onto the spool. You could do this with a Copic Sketch or Ciao by using the very tip of the brush and dragging lightly, making sure not to get too thick of a line.


I have a combination of all the Copic marker types in my collection as I continually add as I find a good deal. I love that the Copic color is guaranteed to be exactly the same in every marker form and the refill.   Therefore, I never need to worry. A Muse Studio offers a great deal on the Copic Originals, which hold the most amount of ink, work in the Airbrush System, and have 6 interchangeable nibs. I usually replace the chisel tip with a brush nib, giving me a brush and the hard point to add fine detail. 


CARD SUPPLIES
Cardstock, Patterned Paper: A Muse Studio
Stamps: TPC Studio
Inks: Memento (Tuxedo Black), Copic Markers
Twine: A Muse Studio (Onyx)

COPIC LIST
Greens: G02, G05, G07
Reds: R14, R24, R29
Yellows: Y02, Y06, Y08
Brown: E33

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs