Sketch It Saturday: Robo Birthday

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Hello friends. It's another Sketch It Saturday with Unscripted Sketches. Want to play along? Use the sketch below as inspiration when creating a card, layout, or project. Then head over to Unscripted Sketches to link up with us. You just might be featured the next week!

I added some Distress Ink and faux stitching to the edges of my papers. 

The chipboard buttons were self adhesive: doesn't get any easier than that to add some cute embellishments! The star is a grungeboard piece with embossed harlequin pattern. To add color, I rubbed a brown pigment ink pad along the star. The juicy foam let the ink get into all the flat surfaces. Next, using a flat die pad, I lightly added black ink over the top. The black ink stuck only to the raised pattern. 

In the rearranging of my craft room, I've misplaced my nice Cutter Bee scissors. So this cute image from Market Street Stamps is not as clean as he should be. I'm just not a fan of using an x-acto knife, so I sit and whine with a big, clunky scissors in my hand! We're so spoiled sometimes!

I hope you've enjoyed my take on today's sketch. Make sure to head over to Unscripted Sketches to see what the rest of the design team cooked up! Those girls are crazy talented. I love being apart of such a great team!

CARD SUPPLIES
Stamps: Market Street Stamp (RoboLove), A Muse Studio
Inks: Distress Ink (Vintage Photo), StazOn (Jet Black), A Muse Studio (French Roast)
Ribbon: A Muse Studio (Onyx Dot Sheer)
Star: Tim Holtz Grungeboard Elements Harlequin
Patterned Paper: DCWV
Cardstock Card: Paper Cut (A-7 White)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs