Sketch Saturday

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Hello! It's a sketch-filled morning with SWAT and Unscripted Sketches. First up is the new challenge blog SWAT. Every first and third Saturday, SWAT posts a new scrappy challenge for you to take part in with great prize packages up for grabs! Take a look at this great sketch by Jenessa Franco.


I had so much fun with this sketch! As soon as I saw the embellishment triangle, I knew exactly what I wanted to create. Here's my take on the sketch:

I was raised in the Northwoods of Wisconsin. I've seen all kinds of wildlife, heard the wolves howl, enjoyed peaceful summer nights and full moons, and seen the wonder of snow-lightening. But when it came to fireflies, I had yet to see one, let alone capture it in a jar like I had seen in movies. Ironically, I headed off to the "big city," and my first night in New York included a meeting with fireflies. Every night on the way home, I'd walk past a large patch of greenery with swarms of beautiful fireflies lighting up the pathway. Sadly, this magical place seemed to be a nest for rats too! I encountered my fair share of those. But the childlike excitement these tiny bugs created in me surpassed those furry creatures.

I haven't decided if I'm going to write my journaling onto the polka dotted paper or tuck it into a pocket in the same place. Creating the perfect layout is always a creative journey.

I cut the fireflies from the Cricut cartridge, Stretch Your Imagination, and doodled little hearts on them. All of the cardstock and patterned papers come from the new collection, Simply Spring, from We R Memory Keepers. I loved the light colors in the collection.

These great letters and embossed stickers are from Simply Spring as well. I added the embellishments and used a Copic Multiliner to outline and bring emphasis to the layers. 

Don't forget to take a look at the wonderful inspiration my fellow design team members have put together on the SWAT blog. You have until February 25th to link up your own creation to win a beautiful prize package! 

And now for the second sketch of the day! This comes from Unscripted Sketches! USS posts a new sketch every Saturday morning to inspire you! For some blog love, stop by the USS blog and link up your own creation using the sketch below as inspiration.


Here's my take on this sketch:

For this sketch, I decided to create a card, gathering together bright colors and fun patterns. It's a simple card with big impact! 

Thanks for stopping by today. Check out these two great challenge blogs. I hope they inspire you to create!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs