Use It Tuesday -- 50th Challenge!

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Good morning! I'm so excited you've joined me today. Use It Tuesday is turning 2, and we're partying hard during our 50th challenge! 

Challenge 50: Create a project using an un-inked stamp. Bonus points if you use GOLD! 

I'll admit, I have several un-inked stamps. So this challenge was going to be an easy one... until I had to decide which one to use! I decided to break out this set from Tim Holtz. The background stamps in this set feature reverse imagery. That's right - The words are backwards. I always liked the idea of stamping the background directly onto the embossing folder, but never found a folder I wanted or could use with such a technique. What a great excuse to go shopping! 

After a walk around Creation Galore's store, I came across this beautiful swirl embossing folder by Sizzix. I stamped the script background three times directly onto the embossing folder, inserted the cream cardstock into the folder, and ran it through my machine. When it came out, the script does not show up on the embossed edge, creating multiple layers easily. 

I applied Antique Linen Distress Ink to the embossed design with the ink pad directly. To add some depth, I added Forest Moss to just the edges of the cream cardstock with the applicator tool. 

For the gold element of the challenge, I embossed this flower stamp from Penny Black onto vellum. I also added some gold cord around the sentiment, and tied a bow. 

Thanks for stopping by today... Make sure you head over to the Use It Tuesday blog to see more inspiration and play along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs