Creating Titles with Movie Quotes

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Hello! Yesterday I shared a sneak peek of today's post on my Facebook page. I've been spending my nights working on my travel albums, including this layout from a recent trip to New York City.



My roommate and I love the movie, Remember Me. We quote lines from the movie often, including this one: 

"Yeah, Tyler. Can we make this a non-smoking statue?"

The statue they're talking about in the movie is located in NYC's Central Park. Therefore, we just had to locate it while there this past summer. I used the quote as the title of this page documenting that special moment. It's the small details like this that I want to remember long from now.

I layered a few different patterned papers to the base cardstock, adding a few doodle lines to each piece with a black marker. I've seen vellum popping as a layer on various blogs and loved the added texture it gave. For this page, the vellum works as a mat for two of the larger photos.

The title is a mixture of American Crafts Thickers, BasicGrey sticker letters, and stamped words. I used KinderStampO's Say It In Type clear stamps and StazOn black ink to finish off the quote. 

Thanks for stopping by today! Come back tomorrow for a new layout sketch from Practical Scrappers. 

SUPPLIES
Cardstock: American Crafts (Light Kraft)
Patterned Paper: GCD Studios (Melody Ross Soul Food)
Chipboard Embellishments, Metal Flair, Alphas: BasicGrey Facts & Fiction Collection
Bling: Paper Studio, A Muse Studio (Black Pearls)
Stickers: American Crafts (Organize Yes, Please Amy Tangerine)
Chipboard Letters: Studio Calico (Heyday Black Bliss Thickers)
Cut Outs: Ormolu (Made Little Labels)
Stamps: KinderStampO (Say It In Type)
Inks: StazOn (Jet Black), ZIG Writer (Black)

1 comment:

  1. So much to love here, Nicole! LOVE the bright, happy colors on your neutral foundation, and the pops of black and beautiful butterflies are simply perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs