April Layout Sketch with Practical Scrappers

Friday, April 26, 2013

Good morning! I'm so excited to bring to you this month's layout sketch from Liz Chidester. It's such a fun sketch; I could not wait to use it as inspiration.

Last month, I traveled to Minneapolis to visit my bestie, Anna. She recently moved there. I was so excited to see her new job, home, and city. More importantly, I was excited to just see her. How lovely friendship truly is. This photo was taken in the first few moments of our visit. I spotted her inside a crowded Starbucks and couldn't contain myself. I screamed her name, made a scene, and had her sister snap this lovely photo.

I layered various papers, stickers, and cut outs to complete this layout. Rather than the scalloped edge along the top left side, I chose to use the triangle I had cut out of the orange patterned paper. My favorite part of this sketch is the multicolored background. I so often forget that the background doesn't need to be a solid piece!

Head over to the Practical Scrappers blog to see the different interpretations of this sketch by my fellow design team members. They rocked it! I'd love to see you use the sketch too! If you do, please stop back here and leave me a link in the comments. 

SUPPLIES
Patterned Paper: Echo Park (Kraft Doily, Tailored Journaling Cards, Documented, Charming Border Strips), Amy Tangerine (Afternoon Delight), October Afternoon (Paid In Full)
Stickers: Simple Stories (Icons), BasicGrey (Fact & Fiction Alpha), Dear Lizzy (5th & Frolic Small Accents & Phrases), Amy Tangerine (Sketchbook Fabric Stickers)
Inks: Sakura Gelly Roll Pen (White), ZIG Writer (Black)
Bling: Paper Studio (Rainbow Crackle Round)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs