Dig Deep

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Happy Saturday, friends! It's time for another S.W.A.T. Drill, and this challenge is made especially for all you hoarders out there! 

Don't worry... You are not alone. Let's be honest, we all have excess embellishments, paper, ribbons, and stamps! S.W.A.T. is challenging us to DIG DEEP into your stash and find that product you bought years ago and find a way to make it trendy and new! Here's the layout I created for the challenge:

The background papers are from the Weekend Market collection by Bo Bunny. I love, love, LOVE this collection. I needed to get my hands on every piece of it! When I did, I held on tight, hoarding every piece. The colors are muted, fall colors and the paper is a distressed style. To make it more trendy, I added some gold accents and arrows cut from my Silhouette Cameo.

After arranging the photos on the page, I realized I didn't have a focal point. Therefore, I added a mat to  the main photo and adhered it to the page with foam risers.

I had a lot of journaling, so I added a pocket with a pull out tag and wrote on both sides of the tag. I added a few embellishments to decorate it. 

I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the title as well. Just love that machine! These photos were from a recent show I went to at the last moment with my roommate, Rachael. Her aunt called her the day of the show with 2 tickets. We found ourselves in the FRONT ROW of the Colin & Brad: 2 Man Show at the beautiful Weidner Center for Performing Arts in our city. If you're familiar with the show Who's Line Is It Anyway, then you know how much we did LAUGH at this show. Rachael was even called up on stage as part of one of the skits. What a wonderful evening!

Head over to the S.W.A.T. blog to see the beautiful creations my fellow design team members have created. They have turned old, forgotten products into beautiful, trendy treasures! Then dig deep into your own stash and create something. We'd love to give you a little blog love, but more importantly, you could possibly win this great pack of American Crafts goodies to replace your hoarded items!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs