On Trend :: Sequins

Monday, April 8, 2013

 Good morning! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. The Practical Scrappers On Trend Team has another trend for you to consider: SEQUINS! 

I was a little skeptical of this trend when it first arrived on the paper crafting scene. I had first seen them in an A Muse Studio catalog and decided to give them a try, ordering them in pearl. After creating with them, I am hooked. You can see some ways I've used sequins in the past here, herehere, and here. It's just like using a brad, pearl, or rhinestone! 

For today's On Trend Post, I wanted to share this layout I recently created using sequins to add just a few metallic elements to the page. I added the sequins with ZIG 2-Way Glue, but any tacky glue or glue dot would work great! I've added them throughout the layout, anchoring most to embellishments that were already on the page. 

The elements from this layout are all scraps from around my craft space. In the pictures I'm wearing a colorful, floral dress and wanted those same bright colors and bold patterns to be present on the page. These friends are the craziest, funniest, wildest people that I know. The pictures captured a calm moment between us that I had to document. A typical picture has Nick in Matt's arms, Rachael kissing my cheek, me insulting Matt, and Nick eating something.  

The title was cut using the Bebas font {which can be downloaded here} and my Silhouette Cameo. After adhering the letters to the page, I used a ZIG Writer to add black doodling. The arrows and chevron cards were cut from the Cameo as well... Leftover pieces from a recent project. 

Don't forget to head over to the Practical Scrappers blog to find even more sequins inspired projects! You're going to love what my fellow On Trend teammates came up with. I dare you to get your hands on some sequins and add them to all your paper crafting projects! Thanks for stopping by :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs