An Everyday Kind Of Day

Wednesday, October 9, 2013


Good morning! I recently discovered a few funny photos on my cellphone from a random night at a friends house. It's not fantastic photography, and my friend Hannah is making a funny face, caught with marshmallow on her face and wearing sweat pants. Why would anyone scrap these photos?! 

Well, the title of the layout answers that question. This is life. My life. Just everyday days where we lounge around the coffee table chatting about politics, our favorite movies, our fears, and how hungry we are. In that hunger, my dear friend Kimberly grabbed the ingredients for smores and started making them over the candles on the coffee table. We weren't sure whether or not this was healthy and safe, but we all followed her example. And... They were delicious. 

Friendship Scrapbook Layout
I've been convicted lately to not only add journaling and dates, but names of the people in these photos. That's part of the documentation process, right?! While teaching classes at Creations Galore, I give the example of picking up my grandmother's photos and not knowing who anyone in the photos are. I can't even recognize my own father in some! I'm trying hard to keep in mind who I'm scrapping for. For future generations and myself. And future self with a fading memory will love the triggers of their names next to the photos. 

Silhouette Scrapbook Title
Distressing scrapbook paper layers
There's a few trendy techniques that I'm still very much in love with... I sprinkled a bit of ink onto the background, distressed some of the paper edges, and added a vellum layer. 

The title was cut from patterned paper using the Silhouette Cameo. The butterfly is actually a sticker. I adhered it to white paper and cut it out so it wouldn't stick to the paper. It was then folded in half and stapled to the page. Instant dimension! 

Adding dimension to layouts
Thanks for stopping by the blog today!

SUPPLIES :: American Crafts Cardstock, CTMH Vellum, We R Memory Keepers Rustic Ledger, Echo Park  For The Record 2 Journaling Cards, Hampton Art KI Flashback Little Things Stickers, Studio Calico (Hey Day Stickers, Mister Huey's First Kiss)

TOOLS :: Silhouette Cameo, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher, CTMH Paper Distresser

1 comment:

  1. Love the title and how you took a fun, simple activity and made a fun layout.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs