For The Love Of Plaid

Friday, October 25, 2013

Hello friends! How has your week been? I've spent most of my week organizing and printing photos rather than getting my hands dirty crafting. I was able to carve away a small amount of time to create this fun layout... 

Plaid scrapbook layout
Every Sunday my family meets for lunch. On one of these afternoons, my father, brother, and nephew all showed up with plaid and blue jeans. I couldn't help but document the occasion. 

The only plaid pattern in my stash that matched the colors of my photos was the background page by We R Memory Keepers. I then added manly patterns and colors, distressing the edges of the paper pieces to give an even more masculine feel. 


Faux stitching
The title was a combination of Studio Calico sticker letters, my handwriting, and letters cut on the Silhouette Cameo from patterned paper. Since the letters were the same pattern as the background, I added some faux stitching to help it stand out. 

The layout was completed with some real stitching and ink splatters.

Thanks for stopping by!  

SUPPLIES :: Studio Calico (Woodgrain Sticker Alphas, Dark Calico Mister Huey's), BasicGrey Clippings Paper & Stickers, We R Memory Keepers Partridge

TOOLS :: Silhouette Cameo, Brother Sewing Machine, ZIG Writer Black, CTMH Paper Distresser, Fiskars Scrapbooking Rotary Paper Trimmer, MyStik Permanent Adhesive

1 comment:

  1. Great layout. Love your choice of papers and the way you layered them.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs