Use It Tuesday : Stamping On Layouts

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Good morning! It's time for another challenge with Use It Tuesday! Today we're requesting you dig deep into your stash and create something CREATURE themed. My fellow design team members have some great inspiration up on the Use It Tuesday blog - You'll want to make sure to take a look! 

I didn't have any creature-themed stamps or papers in my hoarded supplies, but I did have some recent pictures from the Wildlife Sanctuary here in Green Bay, Wisconsin. My friends and I had a countdown to the arrival of the new wolf cubs and immediately went to see them. When you walked up to the window, they'd stick their nose to the glass. I chose to think they were interested in being our friend over eating us alive. They were so adorable! Here's the layout I created...

Scrapbook Layout (via shezigzags.blogspot.com)
As mentioned above, my hoarded items weren't creature themed. But don't worry, I still used hoarded supplies! You'll see I stamped in three different areas of the layout. All of the stamps were from sets I haven't paid much attention to in a long, long time. I dusted them off and was so happy to breathe some new life into them. 

Stamping on scrapbook layouts
The numbers were a Studio Calico set received in the Planetarium Project Life kits. I don't number the weeks of my PL spreads; therefore, I just set this set aside. Having the numbers symbolize the year was a fun, new way to use them. 

Embellishment Cluster
Typewriter journaling on scrapbook pages
The other two stamps were from Market Street Stamps. Unfortunately, this stamp company has since closed its doors. The 'remember this' sentiment went well above my journaling which was created with my typewriter. After typing it out, I cut the words into strips and adhered it onto the page. The 'cheesin' sentiment was stamped onto a scrap piece of patterned paper. Triangles were cut out of each end to create a banner. I clustered it with washi tape, an arrow die cut, and a few pearls. That sentiment really fits our personalities and this picture. Of course I had to add just a little stitching to a few areas of the page! 

Stamping on scrapbook layouts
Now it's your turn! I encourage you to grab some of your stamp sets and see if you can add them to your scrapbooking layouts. However, the true challenge for Use It Tuesday is to grab any hoarded supply and USE IT to create a creature themed project. Then link up your project on the Use It Tuesday blog. As always, one lucky participant will be chosen to be a guest designer on an upcoming challenge! I can't wait to see what you create.

SUPPLIES :: American Crafts (Cardstock, Puffy Vinyl Thickers) We R Memory Keepers Forest, Studio Calico (Darling Dear Gems, Planetarium Project Life Kit Stamp), A Muse Studio (Stormy Sky Spray Ink, Pearls), BasicGrey Washi Tape, Market Street Stamps, Memento Tuxedo Black Ink

TOOLS :: Silhouette Cameo, Fiskars Scrapbooking Rotary Paper Trimmer, CTMH Paper Distresser, A Muse Studio Acrylic Block, MyStik Permanent Adhesive, Brother Sewing Machine, Typewriter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs