NYC Part 1 : Documenting A Trip With Project Life Products

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Do we have any pocket scrapbookers out there? I'm a huge fan of using pocket page protectors and journaling cards to easily document daily life, along with events that have lots of photos. Before I ever dug into Project Life, I used the items to create an album of a girls weekend in New York. It's about time I finally shared the pages with you! 

Most of the products in this album are from Becky Higgins and BasicGrey. The pictures were from a combination of my cell phone and camera. I loved how easy it was to get the whole trip into one album, while documenting all the little details. 

How to use alpha rubber stamps
Back in January when I first started the album, I shared the picture above on Instagram. I enjoy writing and stamping directly on photos. Here I wrapped a rubber band around the letters I needed to make for evenly spaced letters. It also takes far less time! 

Documenting travels with Project Life
Pocket pages help incorporate memorabilia into the album as well. Rather than glueing anything down, I can slide it into a pocket and call it done! 

Add memorabilia into Project Life pages
I've used the Design H Page Protector by Becky Higgins in a few spots as smaller inserts, like the one below. You'll see the front on the left side, and the back on the right side. I printed a 6x11.5" photo on my home printer, cut it into sections, and included it in the insert. It looks amazing in person and makes a bold statement. 

6x12 Project Life insert
WRMK pocket pages
I also included just a few page protectors from We R Memory Keepers. The 2x12" strip adds just a bit of color and a spot for added journaling. 

WRMK pocket pages
Documenting a trip with Project Life
Another Design H insert. I've used a few pockets inside the pocket protectors for hidden journaling and smaller memorabilia. The photo below shows off a few of my favorite products. I love the Tim Holtz labels for adding quick dates and journaling to photos, Chic Tags die cuts, and Studio Calico stamps. They're the perfect additions to pocket scrapbooking. 

I use Photoshop to resize my photos before printing. I've added journaling to a few of the photos with the program as well. 

Vacation Pocket Scrapbooking Spread
Thanks for checking out the first few pages of my travel album. Have you given pocket scrapbooking a try? I have included a few 12x12 traditional layouts throughout the album. I've blogged about a few of those, and you can see them here, here and here.

2 comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs