Drill #17 : Fussy Cutting

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Good morning! It's time for another Drill with S.W.A.T! For this challenge, we're asking you to get our your precision scissors and FUSSY CUT. As always, there's a prize up for grabs - Make sure to link up your project on the S.W.A.T blog! 

Let me start by saying I LOOOOOVE to fussy cut! Cutting and coloring are calming to me. Paper piecing, using cut outs, and transforming patterned paper is where. it's. at. 

Gardening Scrapbook Layout (via shezigzags.blogspot.com)
Therefore, I was super psyched for this challenge. I had recently added a floral patterned paper to my stash and knew it needed to be used! You can see the full 12x12 paper by Echo Park here. I cut out a few of the individual flowers and used them as embellishments. 

Scrapbook embellishments
Adhesive was added only to the center of the flowers, and I used my finger to bend the leaves upward. Love the texture and dimension this adds, along with the slight distressing of the edges. 

Fussy cutting on layouts
I finished off the layout with washi tape, super fun bling, and sticker letters. 

Gardening scrapbook layout
Head over to the S.W.A.T blog to see the other samples from my fellow Design Team members... They have lots of ideas to help you start your own fussy cutting project! 

SUPPLIES :: Echo Park (Flower Garden), Crate Paper (Decor, Maggie Holmes Lovely, Ephemera Pack), American Crafts (Cardstock, Mini Alphas, Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm Oatmeal Thickers) Queen & Co (Cotton Candy-Candy Stripes), Studio Calico (Seafoam), Close To My Heart (Arrow Paper Clip)


TOOLS :: Fiskars Scrapbooking Rotary Paper Trimmer, Close To My Heart Paper Distresser, EK Success Cutter Bee Scissors, MyStik Permanent Adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs