Drill #18 : Sketchy Saturday

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Good morning! I'm here today with a new drill from S.W.A.T and it's one exciting sketch! There's just a little obstacle - You must also use wood embellishments. 

Scrapbook sketch

If you're anything like me, you've got a stash of wood veneers. Pull those out, and get to work! I recently picked up the main scrapbooking kit and add-on from Studio Calico which contained gorgeous heart wood veneers. The rest of the kit matched the colors of my photo, and this layout was born. 

Scrapbook Layout (via shezigzags.blogspot.com)
I started with this great wood background and a few layers behind my photo. To recreate the circles in the sketch, I used the Silhouette Cameo to create several sizes from patterned paper. The fun part was arranging them on the background with die cuts, wood veneers, and ink splatters. 

paper distressing
The Tiny Attacher by Tim Holtz continues to be one of my favorite tools. It's so easy to attach vellum and die cuts or just add a decorative element. The camera 'die cut' was actually cut from a 12x12 Dear Lizzy paper. 

embellishment cluster
Adding washi tape to layouts
After adding the stitch marks from the sketch with a black gel pen, the bottom left corner was still "needing something." To recreate the vertical lines in the sketch, I added a piece of BasicGrey washi tape. 

Vellum scrapbook embellishments
Thank you so much for looking at today's challenge. I'm so excited to see how you take on the Drill. Don't forget to go to S.W.A.T and check out my fellow Design Team Members and link up your own creation. As always, there's a great prize up for grabs! This month Creative Embellishments is our sponsor. 

SUPPLIES :: Studio Calico (Antiquary Scrapbook Kit, Amsterdam Add-On, Mister Huey's Sherbet)  

TOOLS :: Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher, Silhouette Cameo, Fiskars Scrapbooking Rotary Paper Trimmer, CTMH Paper Distresser, MyStik Permanent Adhesive, Scrapbook Adhesives 3D Foam Squares

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs