On Trend :: Arrows

Monday, January 21, 2013

Good morning! I'm here with another fun trend to try: ARROWS! The On Trend Team shows effective ways to use this trend in your scrapbook layouts. To take a look, head over to the Practical Scrappers blog. Here's the page I created for today:

This page is a collage of photos that I had snapped with my cell phone as I was walking through the city one afternoon. Arrows have been showing up in my layouts and cards a lot recently, so I wanted to do something completely different with today's page. I started by stamping a bold border around the page with an arrow stamp.

I originally planned to have a large title across the bottom of the page; however, I ran out of thickers. This became a great opportunity to use another arrow! With a smaller title, I added a transparency die cut arrow to join the title to the photos, moving your eye from the bottom corner to the photos to the journaling. Arrows can create movement on a page as well as bring attention to a focal point.

I've been looking for a creative way to use these wood veneer banners from Studio Calico. So fun! I strung them on some bakers twine and adhered it to my page. To add a few more banners, I wrapped washi tape around the twine and cut to size. 

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you're inspired to use arrows on your next layout!

SUPPLIES
Cardstock: American Crafts (Dark Kraft), Paper Cut (White)
Patterned Paper: BasicGrey (Fact & Fiction)
Stamp: Market Street Stamps (My Thoughts Exactly)
Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Washi Tape: K&Co (Black Dots), Studio G
Embellishments: BasicGrey (Fact & Fiction), Studio Calico (Wood Veneer Banners)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs