On Trend :: Wood Veneers

Monday, January 28, 2013

Wood grain patterns and wood accents have been popping up everywhere! It comes at no surprise that the On Trend Team has chosen to show off some great ways to incorporate this trend into your paper crafting. For my project, I chose to add a small wood veneer banner to a card. Take a look:

I really wanted the sentiment to be the spotlight of this card. Therefore I stamped the phrase on a wood veneer banner from Studio Calico. I used StazOn ink, a solvent based ink that doesn't wipe off, smear, or run on glass, acrylic, and wood. I kept the other elements of the card simple to further draw your attention to the sentiment, choosing to add a single layer of vellum and a few paper scraps. As an additional element, I headed over to my sewing machine and stitched a few crazy lines around the vellum.

To finish off the card, I stamped the compass image onto the vellum with StazOn and added a few pieces of bling. 

Head over to the Practical Scrappers blog to see what the rest of the On Trend Team came up with this week. They have some fantastic ideas on incorporating wood into your paper crafting projects. I just know you'll be inspired to give this trend a try!

CARD SUPPLIES
Cardstock: A Muse Studio (Kraft, Blueberry)
Patterned Paper: A Muse Studio (Buttercup Polka Dot)
Vellum: Paper Cut (29lb)
Bling: A Muse Studio (White Pearls)
Wood Veneer: Studio Calico (Banners)
Stamps: A Muse Studio (Sending My Love)
Ink: StazOn (Jet Black)
*You can find A Muse Studio products in my webstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs